In part #1, I detailed the benefits of my log parsing script.
It works well if the log file is already on your computer.
But that doesn’t work if you’re viewing log files in your dash board rendered in a browser like Firefox or Safari.
I have a solution!
I know enough bash scripting to be dangerous!
I’ve setup a bash function on my computer
- scanlog <URL to log file>
- downloads log file
- invokes the log parsing script
- saves the output to a temp file
- I have a bookmark in my browser to the temp file
- I can repeat this with as many log files as I need